Tuesday, March 6, 2012

BIrthday wishes


Another year goes by and it's my birthday again....I just cant believe how fast it goes. As a child, it felt like my birthday would never come, but now before I can breath it's here again! This year was a big birthday, as in I remember when my mother turned 30! Age is just a number right?? I still feel like I am in my 20s, but on Saturday March 3rd, I said goodbye to my twenties and hello to my thirties. Sounds so crazy to even say that and even odd to admit, but I'm going to take it gracefully! 30 has never felt better and I sure hope I am the wiser for it!

Each year, I think about what I've learned, and hope that I have grown in some way. All my birthday wishes came true, and I am thankful. Thankful for a sweet baby boy who is eating so well now, thankful for a husband who works hard, but even harder to love us even when we're a wee bit grumpy, thankful for a mom and dad who drop everything to help a family member in need, thankful for friends who have helped us in countless ways, thankful for a bright future ahead. Thankful for so many other people and things. My heart was filled to the brim on my birthday!

I really loved my twenties...went on a mission, graduated college, ran a marathon, married my sweet hubby, had a baby. I've learned a ton and still am learning life lessons. Lets hope I learn quicker this go around!

The weather on my birthday was a gorgeous. My mom was here and she made me pancakes for breakfast!! We went for a walk and enjoyed some sunshine. Jake got his first sunburn and ate some dirt.

Andy took me out to LaJiRaffe in Santa Monica. Owned by a french surfer, turned chef, it has a nice vibe on a bustling street corner in SM. Their Molten Chocolate Cake is the best, and it tasted really good after deciding to hold off on sweets until I could sink my teeth into some of that goodness. I also recommend the pork chops with apple chutney and the sweet corn ravioli with some type of fancy sounding cream sauce. It is so light and lush that you'll want more.

Thanks for all the wishes. It was a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment