- 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2/3 cup olive oil or 2/3 cup canola oil
- 1 cup honey
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups apple sauce or 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I prefer the taste of apple sauce)
- 1/2 cup hot water
- fresh or frozen cranberries to place on top
Prep Time: 20 mins
Total Time: 35 mins
- Stir together dry ingredients.
- Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
- Add apple sauce and beat to combine.
- Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
- Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; place cranberry in middle of batter on each muffin, bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
- Remove from oven and cool on rack.