Saturday, December 18, 2010

Stacey's Honey Whole Wheat Cranberry Muffins

I found a recipe for honey whole wheat muffins, but I didn't have all the ingredients, so I made up my own recipe and added some cranberries for the holidays. They would also take scrumptious with nuts, raisins, pretty much anything. Andy helped me make them and all I had to do is tell him what to do ha ha! They turned out super delicious and were really easy! Plus the house smelled good after too! Enjoy!

Ingredients:

  • 3 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
  • 2 teaspoons baking soda
  • 1 teaspoon salt
  • 2/3 cup olive oil or 2/3 cup canola oil
  • 1 cup honey
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 cups apple sauce or 2 cups mashed ripe bananas (I prefer the taste of apple sauce)
  • 1/2 cup hot water
  • fresh or frozen cranberries to place on top

Directions:

Prep Time: 20 mins

Total Time: 35 mins

  1. Stir together dry ingredients.
  2. Beat oil and honey together; add eggs and beat well.
  3. Add apple sauce and beat to combine.
  4. Add dry ingredients to wet, alternating with hot water; mix well after each addition.
  5. Spoon batter into 24 greased muffin cups; place cranberry in middle of batter on each muffin, bake at 325 degrees for 15 minutes, or until muffins are golden brown and test done.
  6. Remove from oven and cool on rack.

No comments:

Post a Comment