Tuesday, June 12, 2012

'Lette Macarons Beverly Hills





Another pastry review for you, but this time it's not cupcakes, it's macarons from 'Lette Macrons in Beverly Hills!  We were heading to dinner last week, and I happened to spot a little macaron shop, and I wasnt going to go in, but our restaurant was conveniently located just down the street. I hopped on in to see what it was all about and BAM, bright vivid colored cookies blew my mind instantly! Their hip logo and branding and the bright display in front of me hooked me in no time!

The owner's name is Paulette and thus the name, 'Lette.  They have fun slogans like, "La Passion du Macaron", and "Let Them Eat Macarons."  I ordered a small box of 6 just to give them a try (we have a tradition of sharing macarons and then picking our favorites after we went to the ultimate Parisian macaron shop Laduree a few years back).  I have to say, these were the best I have had in the states. These were packed full of flavor and personality, definitely unique! Crispy on the outside, soft on the inside, but not flakey, paired with a perfect filling. TRES BON! We bit into 'Lette's violet cassis, coconut, rose, raspberry, sweet wedding almond, and vanilla.  The sweet wedding almond tops my list and it just happened to be their last one.  I scooped that baby up quick! I would highly recommend this shop if your looking for some authentic macarons around the LA area.

No comments:

Post a Comment