Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Just Look at that Face

Everday at 5pm, our sprinklers go off and create messy puddles of mud and dirt everywhere! The brief thought of letting Jake play in them has quickly entered my mind, but swiftly leaves when the mud starts gathering at the bottom of our stair case.  This week, however, I carried Jake on my hips down to get the mail, and he kept pointing to the water. No, No, NO WAY pumpkin and I going to let you down into that mess, but I did.  I let him down THINKING he would feel the few cold drops that might reach him and scare him away, but instead, the opposite happened.  He ran FULL force into them, no fear, no looking back, just pure joy.  For a moment, I thought, NO go get him stop him from getting dirty, stop him from falling, he'll only make a HUGE mess, but I decided to just let go of my inhibitions and let him have a blast.  We both ended up laughing and just look, look at his face.  I think it says it all!

1 comment: