Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Moving

From LA to LEHI.

It's official! This Friday is Andy's LAST day at L.E.K. Consulting in Los Angeles.  We have been thankful for L.E.K on so many levels.  Andy works with some incredible people and friends.  We love them A LOT!  L.E.K. has provided our family with a lot of great experiences, and the best insurance EVER at a time when we really needed it.  We feel it has been the stepping stone needed to lead us to our next adventure in life.

Los Angeles has been a dream.  We love it here, as in, we would move back if the right opportunity came along.  The weather is perfect, our friends have been the best, and we feel right at home.  I could go off about the super high rent, no space, bad traffic, but the truth is...we really REALLY LOVE it.

When one door closes, another door opens, and that door happens to be Andy's dream job.  It's called Private Equity and Andy will be working for a company called Sorenson Capital right there in Lehi. He is humbled and grateful for the opportunity. Time to trade in our slacks and heels for wranglers and belt buckles...I kid I kid, but what a completely different place!!! We lived there for 3 years when Andy got back from Iraq and was still in school while I worked, and we thought that it would be cool to move back.  We never thought it would actually happen.  Now that it is, we are searching for a place to live.  It's tempting to buy in this down market, but we will probably be there for two years before an MBA or another opportunity comes along.

We will be in LA for the whole month of June and Andy will have the month off.  We will go on a vaycay in their sometime and Andy promised me I could hit some acting classes and see if I could get on set a few times before we go (something I've been missing a lot, but unable to do with this sweet boy of mine).  We will also be trying to find renters because our lease is until August, so IF you know someone who would LOVE a place right off Santa Monica with a view of the LA temple, give us a ring.  It's been an amazing home, AND the kitchen cabinets are white :-).  We've loved it!

This next adventure will be a lot of fun, but I have to admit...I'm not sure what I am going to do without Trader Joes, the beach, the weather, and our friends.

4 comments:

  1. Stacey how exciting! I hope the transition goes well for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Reading this gives me a great big REALITY check! I can't believe everyone is moving! Although, we're so happy for you and Andy- I'm really sad for us. Can't wait to visit!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ohhhh, Stacey, how I can relate!!! It's bittersweet to come back, but I'm sure it'll be great. Let me know when you roll into town, and we'll have to play!!! Oh, and regarding Trader Joe's, Sunflower Market is a pretty great substitute - there's one in Orem, across from University Mall. And I always stock up on my TJ's favorites when I head home (or send friends with a list). Last time about a third of my suitcase was filled with stuff from Trader's!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Don't worry, a trader joes is opening in salt lake soon. Lehi is a nice place, if we stay in Utah well likely buy a home near there.

    ReplyDelete