Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012



 Mother's Day 2012


Mother's Day 2011


Wishing all you dear moms, grandmothers, dear women who are mothers to children even though you don't have children or have lost children, or who hope to have children one day...HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY!  I was talking to a friend at church today who had lost her mom 3 years ago.  She said that Mother's Day used to be really sad until she started calling all the mom-like figures in her life to wish them Happy Mother's Day.  I thought that was awesome.

Being a mom is the best.  I am thankful for it, and do not take it for granted.  Sometimes I complain, but today I was thinking of how much I love Jake more today than I have ever and how that love just grows brighter everyday.  Just when I don't know how I will love him more, I feel like I do.  I can't wait for the next day to spend with him.  Then, I thought, Oh NO! What happens on the day that he turns into a teenager and starts rebelling!!! Will I love him more and more during that time in his life?!  The answer is yes.  I will always love him more because even if there are rough days ahead or joyful ones for that matter, I will love him in all things.  I have experienced a small taste of life, just enough, to know that even through rough times, good prevails and so does love.  True love lasts, and as a mother, I will always and forever, love my Jake.  I'm am also thankful for my mom for helping us this year.  She came to LA on angel's wings many times to be here with us for Jake's doctors appointments, to start a food trial and make sure he is eating, to wake up with him bright and early so we could get some extra winks in.  She never, NOT ONCE complained.  EVER.  She smiled, and gracefully spent her time caring for our little man.  Her whole world was him and making him happy.  She teaches me what true love is and that everything we do should be for our children.  My heart can't even fill a page with enough gratitude for her.  It swells with thanksgiving for her.  I've needed her more this year than ever.  What a precious gift motherhood is.

No comments:

Post a Comment