Wednesday, November 19, 2014

7 month old baby girl


It's been years, yup YEARS since I've updated.  We've moved, had a baby, and well, life just keeps going despite the fact that I stopped blogging.  It wasn't intentional, I just never kept it going, and I think I'm going to try and start up again.  We've been having so many incredible experiences the last few years, maybe I can slowly recap, but tonight....I just want to focus on our baby girl, Cosette.  She was born a week late, on the coolest day 4-4-2014.  We arrived at the hospital at 10:30 AM hoping she'd arrive by 4pm, but she came within like 45 minutes, so that was a fun surprise and NO pain meds.  I now love NATURAL birth and she has been the sweetest baby of all time.  Something I am constantly thankful for.  She has her moments, but she is so fun!

At seven months, she has put her feet in the ocean, met Condi Rice, and moved to California! Sweet bebe or Baybuh as her brother lovingly calls her.

A lot of people ask about her name, and seem to like it. I love it's uniqueness and sound. Something French, something feminine and something different.  She is a sweet Cosette.

Cosette sleeps through the night-a gift given to us from HEAVEN and from my dear friend Katie Jones, who wrote down on a paper a great schedule to follow.  I took that paper, and I followed it, like a religion.  I now have faith in it, and owe Katie my life, but I honestly am so thankful for a baby that sleeps and loves to sleep.  We never let her "cry" it out, and I owe a lot of it to her personality as well. Jake, as some of you know, was a tough one.  I don't blame him, because I know there's a lot of things we would have done differently, but I have faith that a healthy baby who is at a great weight can sleep through the night.  Katie Jones, you're my hero. 

Cosette started clapping and if you tell her to clap on demand, she will. Without showing her what to do, you just say clap and she claps.  I hope this is a premonition as to what her toddler and teenage years will be like. Clean your room....DONE!

Cosette shakes her head 'No' and seems to understand what it means! Like when I put her in her carseat, head shakes NO, and we had a moment where I looked at her and said, "No?" and she stopped and I swear if she could have said it she would have, but I had to buckle her back in, and she cried and shook her head NO! 

Colette's eyes are a mystery to me.  They are mostly hazel, I think, but on some days they look blue. Someone asked me if they were green.  Another time, someone said blue, and another someone said brown.  I call them Grayzel.  A gray hazel mix. 

Cosette also loves to eat.  A lot.  Her favorite food is....TOAST.  She can eat a whole slice of bread in one sitting.  Organic, whole wheat of course, but man, she's an eater.  If she sees carbs of any kind in your hand, on a nearby plate, she will flap her arms like she's going to take off and squeal for a piece. It's really cute the way she flaps her arms when she wants something. She doesn't like bananas, but that's ok, she likes just about everything else at the moment.  

Cosette loves her brother.  He is rough and tumble, but her squeals and squeaks when he is around just about melts my heart.  Sibling love at it's finest.  He loves her too.  He loves to entertain her, and jump and do crazy things.  She doesn't care if he's loud or crazy, infact she feeds the fire.  There are times when he is being too rough and needs a reminder that she's still a baby and she will whine for me to save her.  It cracks me up, especially on the occasions that he is being soft and she might happen to fall over and she completely looses it and looks at me to save her, when she's being a bit dramatic. 

Cosette is such a girl.  She is dramatic.  Like she looses it over nothing and starts crying.  My first glimpse into this was in relief society when she wanted the pen that belonged in a folder they were passing around.  She strait up flipped a lid cause she couldn't have the pen.  I'm like, "Girl, it's not worth it, it's just a pen." I can't imagine her first heartbreak.  Save.Us.ALL.  

Cosette is sweet and shy.  She has some serious separation anxiety.  She used to not let anyone but mom hold her, and now she is ok with dad, but eventually wants mom as soon as she comes back in sight.  If we are in public, and someone wants to hold her,  and I let them....she looks at them, then back at me, and then flaps her arms (her way of saying she wants something really bad) and then I get her back before she breaks down.  She then hides her face in my neck.  Looks to make sure I'm the one holding her again, then looks at the stranger and smiles.  It is really cute, and I kinda love her love for mama.  I love when she hides her face in my neck and seeks comfort.  

Cosette is a really good baby.  She just is.  She came with a sweet personality, and I hope I can be as loving and sweet to her as she has been to us.  We are so lucky she is in our family and love her so much.


























No comments:

Post a Comment